Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dcozzi

Default Formula to return a value if any numbers in a group meet a cri

Thanks for the help. Both suggestions work.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(COUNTIF(A2:A5,""&A1)0,"Fail","")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"dcozzi" wrote in message
I have a list of say 10 cells in a column with different values. I have
another cell that has a value in it. I need a formula in a 2nd cell, to

tell
me if any of the numbers in the the group of 10 cells is greater. This may

be
easier

EX:

TEST NUMBER = A1 = 10
GROUP
A2 = 5
A3 = 5
A4 = 11
A5 = 5

RESULTS CELL = A7 = IF ANY VALUE IN CELLS A2:A5 IS A1, THEN DISPLAY

"FAIL"