Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Copy several cells with formulas as they are?

One manual way...

Select the range to copy
edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: $$$$$
replace all

Now copy and paste those values (they're no longer formulas).

Now change the values back to formulas:
select the range
edit|replace
what: $$$$$
with: =
replace all

And don't forget to fix the original copied range, too.

Peter Frank wrote:

Hi,

I would like to copy some cells including their formulas as they are to
another location on the same data sheet. But whenever I try to do that,
the cell references are adapted. I tried all "Insert" variations but
none worked.

I can do this for every single cell by "opening" it, selecting its
content, and copying it. But this is very tedious when I have to do
this for many cells.

So, can you tell me whether this is an easier solution to this problem?

Peter

--

Dave Peterson