Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rexmann

Default Round up

Hi all

Thanks for the responses, the roundup function worked a treat (although I
feel a bit of a plonker for not guessing it, doh!!!)

Also, cheers Tony for the bit about negative numbers etc.. Although not
relevant in this case (as all positives) it's good to know for future
spreadsheets (avoiding pitfalls).

Cheers again,

Rexmann

"CLR" wrote:

EGADS!!!......ROUNDDOWN acts that way too!

Just shows how often I use them like that and how much attention I don't pay.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"tony h" wrote:

I agree with the previous answers but just check it does what you want
with negatives.
I think roundup is a misnomer as it actually rounds-away-from-zero. so
roundup(-0.5,0) gives -1. I would expect from the name roundup that
-0.25 would go UP to 0 and -1.25 would go up to 1

regards

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074