Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default split bar

Hi,

Here are some links on the subject of broken axis.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...ial/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

Check out the Link pages on the sites for other Excel/charting related
sites.

Cheers
Andy

splittinheadache wrote:
I have two data points among several series of data that is much larger than
the others. I would like to split the chart so I can show the bottom y range
of 0 thru 50, and then show a top range on the y axis as 150 to 250. If I
scale from 1 to 250 then the other data points besides the 2 large points
become insignificant on the chart. Is this possible; I have seen charts where
a bar is split with a zig zap seperation, but I don't know if excel can do
this.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info