Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

Default Round up

Hmm... I've always thought of the "UP" in "ROUNDUP" as meaning
"increasing in magnitude", so ROUNDUP(-0.5, 0) should naturally increase
in magnitude to -1.

Never occurred to me that "up" would be thought of as a linear,
toward-more-positive, metaphor.

Using that metaphor would require, I would think, changing the ROUND()
function, too, since ROUND() rounds away from zero

Interesting...

In article ,
tony h wrote:

I agree with the previous answers but just check it does what you want
with negatives.
I think roundup is a misnomer as it actually rounds-away-from-zero. so
roundup(-0.5,0) gives -1. I would expect from the name roundup that
-0.25 would go UP to 0 and -1.25 would go up to 1