Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
getravel

Default Can't change x-axis labels

I'm certain this is a rookie question, but I'll be darned if I can figure out
how to change the default labels on a 3-D chart. Here's the story.

I created a 3-D chart with a single series and 5 data points (columns). By
default, Excel placed a numeric value beneath each column. The value that
appears beneath each column is a single digit and is either 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.
These columns represent the five quarters from 1st quarter 2005 through 1st
quarter 2006.

What I want to do is change the digits to 1st Qtr 2005, 2nd Qtr 2005, etc.

When I brought up the Format Axis window, it provided the means to change
the formatting of the x-axis, but no way to change the digits on the axis.

How do I change the digits to the values I mentioned above??

Any information you can would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks,
getravel (Mike)