Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Nick Hodge

Default Open file as a CSV

Mario

Have you tried associating your *.ube extension with Excel? Does it work as
a csv?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Mario Colon" wrote in message
We have a few hundred people that would use this functionality and I was
hoping to be able to push this out through the registry. So there is no
way
to associate another extension to do what a .CSV extgension does?

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Mario

Why not record a macro importing the file using comma as a delimiter and
then just use this each time

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
www.nickhodge.co.uk
HIS

"Mario Colon" wrote in message
Hi All.

I have a few files that are being saved down as .UBE extensions, but
they
are really comma delimited files. Is there a way to have the .UBE
associated
so that Excel will open and parse the file like it does with a .CSV? I
can
get it so that Excel opens the file, butit does not parse it.... any
ideas?

I know the easiest way is to simply rename the files, but in this case
have users everywhere that would have trouble doing that, and I want to
find
an easier way for them.

Thanks,
Mario