Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Default How do I set up a formula for parts (or units) per hour?

I could have been clearer - using your numbers col C should NOT have shown
120 (as your example stated), it should have shown 48.75. After multiplying
the time value by 24 to get actual hours, the answer should have been a
little over 2

"Ender-DI" wrote:

If only 13 total parts were produced, how is it supposed to read 48.75 parts
per hour?

It took 6 hours, 24 minutes to produce 13 parts. I need to show that that
breaks down to 2.166 parts per hour.

I think column C ought to be showing 48.75

You need to use the formula

=b1/(a1*24)