Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Patricia Shannon

Default Strange Problem

I had a problem once where my mouse was sticking, and putting out characters
amd doing crazy stuff. If it's putting out actual words, maybe it's ccopying
data?.
What version of Excel do you have?
It souunds to me like a macro with a bug, or a joke or maliciousness. Some
macros automatically run when certain events happen, like opening a document,
or entering data in a cell. Do you know how to look at macros, and where
automatic macros are located? If not, let us know your Excel version.
It could be a virus? Are your virus fix programs up-to-date?
Good luck. If you find out, please let us know.

"Perry" wrote:

I had a user yesterday that had an excel file open and when he clicked a cell
the computer just started typing al by itself. It was pretty strange and
this never happened before. He clossed it then opened a blank file and the
same thing happened. Anyone ever heard of this happening? I thought it
might have something to do with speech recognition but i turned it off and it
still happened. I ran a virus check and the machine came up clean. Any
thought?? thanks.

PTR