Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AndrewPace

Default OFFSET function returning #VALUE when using external references

I am trying to setup an external reference using the offset function, as
in:

=OFFSET('\\file_path\[filename.xls]worksheet'!$CR$20,0,0)

Ultimately this will help me creating copies of this and many other
external references where data will accumulate in predictable ways.
The problem is, the formula as shown returns a #VALUE error.

The function will work if the file is currently open, but after I close
the file (and then refresh the formula calcs) the error returns.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

--
AndrewPace
AndrewPace's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33417