Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GEORGIA

Default Open last file with certain file name

Hi,
I have previous go the cod to open the last saved/modified file from the
folder
like so:
Dim xlx As Object, xlw As Object, xls As Object, xlc As Object
Dim strFolderName As String
Set xlx = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
xlx.Visible = True
Excel.Application.DisplayAlerts = False

strFolderName = "http://srfi.inc.xxxxxx./Daily_Dir/" (our intranet folder)
Dim strFileName
With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = strFolderName
.FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks
.SearchSubFolders = True
.Execute SortBy:=msoSortBySize

.LookIn = strFolderName
.FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks
.SearchSubFolders = False
If .Execute(msoSortByLastModified, msoSortOrderDescending) 0 Then
strFileName = .FoundFiles(1)
Workbooks.Open strFileName

End If
End With

it works like a charm.

Now, i have a new problem. I would like to use the code above to get a file
from other folder, except that I want to open the last modified file with
certain name. There are several types of report saved in this folder. The
one I am interested in are saved like so:
4/1/06 Open Tickets.xls
4/2/06 Open Tickets.xls
4/3/06 Open Tickets.xls

and new ones are added with dates.

So what i would like to do is open the last modified file with name
containing "Open Tickets".

How would I go about doing so?

Thank you!