Don Guillett

try playing around with column() or column(a1) instead of ,2

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"KG" wrote in message
I have a 10 year discounted cash flow schedule where the discount factor

is a
variable chosen by the workbook user. I have also set up a discount factor
table so that the appropriate discounting factors can be inserted under

each
column.

The formula for year 1 (=Column 1) of the cash flow schedule is:
=VLOOKUP($C$27,$C$63:$N$82,2)
I copied the formula across the row and then manually changed the 3rd
argument of the formula to 3, 4, 5 and so on. This was not a huge editing

job
but, in anticipation of future schedules with 20 columns, I'm wondering if
there is a better way to write this formula, eliminating the need for

manual
edits.