Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flow23

Default multiple lookup_value

try this SUMIF=(A:A,"=sourcecode",B:B) for each sourcecode

"Inter" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a list of source codes in column A and the number
of downloads associated with each source code in column B.

What i'd like to do is add the number of downloads from a range of source
codes together. I've been using the VLOOKUP function but this is getting a
little long.

To put it another way, i want to find the number of downloads for each of 5
different source codes and add them together.

I've tried using SUMIF but can't seem to make it work correctly.

Any assistance would be very gratefully received.
Many thanks