Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default can someone translate this formula pls

Note, if G2 holds ABX123XYZ, you will get 123XYZ.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"nebrass" wrote in
message ...

I used this formula to seperate numbers in a string and return the
numbers.
Example:
original string "BD456". the outcome is "456"

The formula worked just fine, but would someone please explain to me
how it did that. The functions used don't follow the standard format
that the stupid excel helper suggests; therefore, I didn't understand
them. The function for a string in cell G2 is

=MID(G2,MIN(SEARCH({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},G2&"01234 56789")),1024)

Thank you in advance.
Mahmoud

--
nebrass