Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John James

Default Can I pull field as datafield or as a output from a pivot table re

Hi Debra,

This is interesting. Pivottables are so quick and easy to create, and
so useful, but I've not been able to effectively re-use the data
summarised by pivottables into other reports without retyping.

I assume that if the source data changed (say another part number
appear in the following month, then formulae extracting figures from
the pivottable may become invalid.

I understand that any figure in pivottables can be drilled down on to
give all source entries - which is fantastic - but this is the only
report I've been able to effectively reprocess pivottable data into.

Is there any source which explains how to re-use and reprocess
pivottable data? Any tips & tricks?

Thanks,

--
John James