Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Default Displaying time - Error in formula (I think?)

Hi

With start time p.e. in D5 and end time in E5
=E5-D5+(E5<D5)

NB! Both time columns and the column with formula must be formatted in a
valid time format. When you want to sum formula results, format this cell as
custom "[h]:mm" or "[h]:mm:ss"

Arvi Laanemets

"El Bee" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet for tracking employees time and for some days the
fields are displayed correct but in others (using the same format) the

hours
are out of whack!
For example:
Cell d7 = 19:30 e7 = 05:30 (should be 10 hours)
Cell d6 = 10:00 e6 = 20:00 (should be 10 hours)
Cell d5 = 05:30 d5 = 15:30 (should be 10 hours)

When I add the totals together it shows 6:30 hours, I've tried several
different formulas from this website and none of them work on this

particular
problem.
My spreadsheet uses 2 colums per employee per day (start & end) times. It
starts in column B and ends in column O (7 days for the week).

It seems that if the total number of hours for the above 3 employees

exceeds
24 hours then the time gets messed up.

Any ideas?