Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Default Need to link excel "cell" to a pre saved PDF file?? How do I do th

Red,

Unless I am misunderstanding you should be able to use the HYPERLINK
formula. In the cell that you want your ## to be use a formula like:

=HYPERLINK("G:\Your Folder Name\Your Folder Name\Your Document
Name.pdf",123)

The 123 is your ## that will appear in your cell. Change as you need.
I noticed that if you do not assign the file type (.pdf) at the end of
the file name, it will give you an error message indicating it can not
open the document.

Does that help?

Steve

--