Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CliffD

Default Build an array constant with DATE function

Bob,

Thanks for this; I'll try it later. I've re-read the help text I was
looking at, and the array constant works as long as the dates are converted
to their serial number format. This obviously makes setting up the array a
lot simpler and then by naming the array, it makes the task of pointing the
function to the correct range of cells a lot easier.

Thanks & regards,

Cliff

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You can use an array constant like so

=WORKDAY(TODAY(),5,{"14/04/2006","17/04/2006"})

if that is what you mean, but a range is far more flexible.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"CliffD" wrote in message
I am using DATE & WORKDAY to show working days between activities in a
project plan I am preparing. So that the function can consider public
holidays and other non-working dates, I want to build an array constant

that
contains the dates in question. The WORKDAY function can then refer to

this
array constant for its calculations.

My question is: How do I set up an array constant based on the holiday
dates I want to use?

I want to use an array, rather than just a range of cells with the dates

in
them.

I'm using Excel 2002 (10.6501.6735) with SP3. Windows XP Professional
(Version 2002) SP2.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Cliff