Don Guillett

Sheet limit is memory driven only so that's why your answer is vague.
One sheet or even a line for each on only one sheet or a pivot table?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Bill Martin" wrote in message
om...
How many sheets can one put into an Excel workbook? I've found the limits

on
rows and columns within a sheet, but the only thing I've found about

sheets
is a vague indication it will hold "hundreds". Is there an actual limit,

or
does it simply become a performance issue?

I'm trying to decide whether to organize a bunch of data for analysis with
one sheet of data per event, or to use a separate file for each event.
Currently I only have a dozen or so events, but they will continue to add

up
and I'd rather do this correctly the first time.

My inclination is to just add a new sheet for each event, but don't want

have to recode everything if Excel hits a hard limit at 256 sheets or some
such.

Thanks...

Bill -- (Remove KILLSPAM from my address to use it)