Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
y_not

Default Not a clue of which function to use!

My company keeps a database of attendance by employee.

Not being a very user friendly database we copy and paste this data
(along with lots of useless information) into Excel using a tab for
each weeks attendance.

I need to find a way to show how many weeks each employee has attended.

Somehow I need to search each worksheet for the persons name and the
hours worked that week. We also have a very high staff turnover so some
names only appear for a few weeks and then disappear but I still need to
be able to show that they attended for however many weeks.

Does any of this make sense and does anyone have any suggestions for
how to extract the information, please?

--
y_not
y_not's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19947