Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

Default Filling the glasses of beer

Given the 20 cc of beer available, will you pour into each glass (starting
with more empty) until this glass is full ?

If above is true, the result will be that glasses B,D,C will be full and
galss A will miss 1 cc.

Am I wrong?

--
AP

"vsoler" a écrit dans le message de
oups.com...
A difficult one for me!!!

A B C D
1 7 3 5 4
2 4 1 3 2
3 ? ? ? ?

I have 4 glasses of beer filled with, say 7, 3, 5 and 4 cubic
centimeters (row 1)
I RANK them from more empty to less empty (row 2, not my question)

Now, I have 20 cubic centimeters of beer to fill my glasses, starting
from the more empty and finishing in the less empty.

If the capacity of a glass is 10 cubic centimeters, what's the formula
for row 3 which will give me the beer in each glass after I pour the
beer?

Please, I'm looking for a formula that does not use any intermediate
calculations in other cells.

Want to share the beer with me?