Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Manoj

Default Format page number in excel footer to start at a specific page #

What you could do is to put the actual page number in the header or footer as
the case may be instead of the formula for the page number. I mean hard-code
the page number for each sheet. this will be a one-time exercise but will
save you all the trouble.

If a sheet prints on multiple sheets then use a formula like this:
say a particular sheet prints 3 pages starting with page number 8. then use
the formula for the page number and add "+7" -- e.g., the footer for this
page will contain the formula "&[Page]+7". so this will start printing from
page number 8 as the formula "&[Page]" will give the result of "1" by default.

Try this and see if this works.

"straitctrydncr" wrote:

I have an excel file that has 26 different worksheets in it; I need to format
the page numbering so that the first three worksheets do not number; it
starts with 1 at the fourth page. When I print it as a group, it is starting
it at 4 instead of one; yet it prints as 1 when I print out the page only.
Can you help me format this so it works?