Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Default Cells equal to another cell a certain # over

In A2 put

=IF(COLUMN()<=$A$3,"",IF(OFFSET(A1,0,-$A3)="","",OFFSET(A1,0,-$A3)))

and formula-drag that to the right

--

Fin Analyst Wrote:
Good evening~

I am trying to get a row of cells to equal another row, but an
allotted
number over. Say for instance that I had a values in row 1 and I want
row 2
to be equal to row 1 except 7 columns to the right. I.e. the value in
A1
would appear in H2. The problem I have is how do I do this is the
number of
columns is variable and depends on a number in A3. The number in A3
ranges
from 1-15. How do I write a formula to account for a variable number
of
columns such as this? I can do this if the number of columns is
static, but
I'm at a loss on how if it is variable. Can somebody please help?

Thanks,
Jaclyn

--
Bryan Hessey