Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dawg House Inc

Default How Do I Do an Exclude Filter based on a Named Range?

Thanks for your help, but I'm not sure I follow it.

I have A$1$:E$:450 filled with records.
I have Col C labeled "Location"
In Col J, I have a 5-record listing named "ClosedLocations" (J1:J5)

I don't know if I understand what you're suggesting I do with the F2:F3 info
nor do I follow the "then run Advanced Filter on the data area".

The Adv Filter is looking for:

List Range: A2:E451 (A1:E1 are row headers)
Criteria Range: ???? Is this where you're suggesting I put the ISNA function?

Still confused....
House

--
Dawg House Inc.
"We live in it, therefore, we know it!"

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote:

Let A:D house the records from A4 on, with headers in A4:D4.

Create the criteria range: F2:F3 with

F2 housing the text value XLoc
F3:

=ISNA(MATCH(C5,ClosedLocations,0))

Then run Advanced Filter on the data area.

Dawg House Inc wrote:
I have a 450 record listing that has five columns in it, of which, column C
is "Location". I also have a named range in Column J called
"ClosedLocations". I want to filter my 450-record listing to exclude any
record that has a location that is found in the "ClosedLocations" named
range.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
House