Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Niek Otten

Default Issue with Excel 2003

This response is from a newsgroup; your question has been (automatically) forwarded to here. I followed the link to your original
post at EXCELTIP.com and there indeed is a difference between the two hyphens. The long one is ASCII 151, the short one 45.
Sorry I can't help you any further

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Niek Otten" wrote in message ...
<as you can see it's wider

No. Both are ASCII 45

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Good Intentions" <Good.Intentions.261vnm_1144675502.9036@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in message
news:Good.Intentions.261vnm_1144675502.9036@excelf orum-nospam.com...

I have found that when I import information into Excel 2003, Hyphens are
not converted to a longer type symbol (almost like 2 hypen widths).
I've seen it in Microsoft Access 2003 also. How can I get hyphens to
remain as hyphens. For example, if I type a hyphen it shows up as -.
But here's a copy of what gets imported -. as you can see it's wider.
This gets annoying especially when I use Access and what to type in
something for a query. Can you help me?

--
Good Intentions
Good Intentions's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33330