Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nic

Default file cannot be accessed, could be read only

Oh, no! I got the exact same message today in a file that was working fine
on Friday. I was hoping there was a better answer out there. Is there is a
way to copy the data from a workbook into another without copying the
corruption?

"Jim Rech" wrote:

The only time I've personally seen this message the workbook was corrupted
and beyond repair. Had to go to a backup copy.

--
Jim
"somnath shetty" <somnath wrote in message
| Hi,
| I have an excel file named PF.xls. It was opening without any problems.
Now