Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Can Named ranges be used in file link formulae?

I have no idea what GESTEP is, but SUMIF doesn't like closed workbooks, so
try

=GESTEP(CurrentPeriodNumber,AE$451)*
ROUND(SUMPRODUCT(--(FigaroTBMaster.xls!FigeroYTDNominal=$A34),
FigaroTBMaster.xls!FigeroYTD04),0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Philip J Smith" wrote in message
Hi.

I have an expression in my main Management accounts workbook.

=GESTEP(CurrentPeriodNumber,AE$451)*
ROUND(SUMIF(FigaroTBMaster.xls!FigeroYTDNominal,"= "&$A34,
FigaroTBMaster.xls!FigeroYTD04),0)

Were "CurrentPeriodNumber" =4,
AE$451 =4,
$A34 ='99999
"FigaroTBMaster.xls" is the workbook containing the source data,
"FigeroYTDNominal" and "FigeroYTD04" are named ranges within the source

file.

The expression works when the source file is open, but not when it is

closed.

Can named ranges be used in formulae which link workbooks?