Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Philip J Smith

Default Can Named ranges be used in file link formulae?

Hi.

I have an expression in my main Management accounts workbook.

=GESTEP(CurrentPeriodNumber,AE$451)*
ROUND(SUMIF(FigaroTBMaster.xls!FigeroYTDNominal,"= "&$A34,
FigaroTBMaster.xls!FigeroYTD04),0)

Were "CurrentPeriodNumber" =4,
AE$451 =4,
$A34 ='99999
"FigaroTBMaster.xls" is the workbook containing the source data,
"FigeroYTDNominal" and "FigeroYTD04" are named ranges within the source file.

The expression works when the source file is open, but not when it is closed.

Can named ranges be used in formulae which link workbooks?