Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shaz

Default Finance Formula Help

I believe the yield input in the PRICE function is not entered as
"effective annual yield or annual compounding. I believe you would need
to input the semi anual compounded yield.

JCH wrote:
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet function to get the following answers
but am having little luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a
formula to get the required answers?

Q: Consider a bond with a face value of $1,000. The coupon payment is made
semi-annually and the yield to maturity is 12% (effective annual yield). How
much would you pay for the bond if:
A: The coupon rate is 8% and the time to maturity is 20 years?
B: The coupon rate is 10% and the time to maturity is 15 years?

Any help would be appreciated...