Tom Ogilvy

It is best to save the file on a hard disk. copy it to the floppy. Go to
the new computer. Copy the file to the hard disk. Open this copy on the
hard disk in Excel.

It is possible that your file became damaged when copied directly to the
floppy (or it you created it directly on the floppy).

If you have not tried to open it in XP, then go ahead and try to open it.
If it isn't damaged, you should be able to open it. I would advise copying
it to that computer's hard drive (from the floppy) and then trying to open
it.

Tom Ogilvy

..
"Lesa" wrote in message
I am trying to open a excel file saved on a floppy, I saved it on regular
windows and I need to open it on wondows xp? Can I do this?