Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Malcolm Gordon

Default COUNTIF function query for multiple colums

Hi Alan,

I changed the ordering and your formula works! Thanks you very much :-)

"Malcolm Gordon" wrote:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I should add that
the value s in Column J are based on formulas, does this present a problem?

"Alan" wrote:

Try
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20=1),--(J1:J20<0))
Regards,
Alan.
"Malcolm Gordon" <Malcolm wrote in message
How do I count the number of occurrences of "1" in the A column each time
there is a negative value in the J column on the same row.

i.e. if cell A1 has a value of 1 and cell J1 has a value of -5 I want this
cell to be counted.