Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teodomiro

Default =SUMPRODUCT

Carim Wrote:
To put it simply, Sumproduct() is a function which ignores alphabetic
cells,
the operator -- ( called Unary Minus ) transforms alpahabetic cells
into numbers : 0 and 1, thus allowing combination with all other
numeric cells ...

Hope this clarifies
Carim

I had never encountered this problem before. I discovered Sumproduct
he http://www.excel-vba.com/e-formula-sumproduct.htm

He uses an asterisk in place of the comma, like this:
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:B10=C1)*(B1:B10)). This works just fine. I understand
the use of the double negative above, but I don't see why using the
asterisk would alleviate that problem. Can someone explain what's
going on there?

--
Teodomiro

Teodomiro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33140