Frank Kabel

Hi
on thing that helps for that is Jan Karel's NameManager addin:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"R.VENKATARAMAN" &&& schrieb im Newsbeitrag
thanks.

I already have BOB Philips article. but it is not clear how to create <
local names
perhpas this functionality is not available in excel 2000.

Frank Kabel wrote in message
Hi
see:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Names.html
for creating local names

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

R.VENKATARAMAN wrote:
i was trying to name a fomula
<=vlookup($B6,table,3,false)
now in the name the B6 is with respet to the sheet in which I
originally named the formula. But I would like the name to take the
B6 of the acitve sheet. I realise this can be done with a vba
procedure. But is it possible to use worksheet function in this case.
I hope I made mself clear.

if the name is rv when I use this name in sheet1 it should refer to
sheet1-B6. If i use that name in sheet2 it should refer to sheet2 B6.