buragotch

Thanks for the info. However, I would like to find a way to make the LINEST
function return all its values into a single column, rather than an array, so
i can have multiple columns with all the LINEST values (eg intercept,
coefficients, r-sqaure, etc). if it use the TRANSPOSE(LINEST(...)) function,
it only returns the intercept and coefficient values. but none of the others.
there must be a way to do this.
regards,
Brad Johnson

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

Check out the LINEST and LOGEST functions. LINEST's name and
documentation are misleading. For more on how to use it for non-linear
regressions see Bernard Liengme's
Polynomial regression. How can I fit my X, Y data to a polynomial using
LINEST?
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...Polynomial.htm

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
i need to run repeated regressions on a large set of data, and put the
resulting values in a table for each column of data in my set. however, i
don't want to repeat the regression function in the data analysis toolpack
and cut/paste the relevant data into my table, 50 times.
anyone know how to do this