Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mcap

Default merging two files

Hi all:

I have a list of addresses, each with an ID number. I also have
another file that is a list of ID numbers that I have imported from
SPSS. The imported ID numbers contain most but not all of the ID
numbers from the address list.

What I would like to do is to match up the IDs from the imported
file to the address list so that for each case, there would be the
original ID and the imported ID. Where there wasn't an imported ID, it
should be blank in that column.

What I am trying to do is take the ID numbers of subjects who have
responded to a survey and mark them so that I can filter and delete the
addresses of those who did not respond.

Any ideas??????

Marc