Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zack Barresse

Default Problem analyzing my data

Hello Amanda,

Without seeing your data I'd say you could either use a combination
INDEX/MATCH type function or (if data structure is correct) a VLOOKUP or
LOOKUP type formula. I'd recommend reading up on each of the formulas, the
Help files are decent on them. Post back if you need any help with them.

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr
To email, remove NOSPAM

"Amanda" wrote in message
I am having a problem analyzing some data and I think my problem may have
do with not knowing enough about excel. I have one spreadsheet where i
set
up a plot of Resistance to Voltage. Now in another spreadsheet I have a
completely different set of measurements for Voltage and I want to find
the
corresponding Resistance, using the plot from the first spreadsheet. How
do
i do this? I am pulling my hair out over here! I would go through my
data
points and do it by hand but I have over 900 data points. Any help would
be
appreciated.