Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jezzica85

Default Tough conditional formatting question

Thanks a lot, Sloth, that worked great!

"Sloth" wrote:

you can't do this with conditional formatting, because you can only have up
to three conditions (four if you include the default condition).

You could insert a column inbetween columns A and B, and insert this formula
=IF(C1<0,"X","")&IF(D1<0,"Y","")&IF(E1<0,"Z","" )
It would look like this

Criteria XYZ X Y Z SUM
a YZ 0 1 3 4
b XZ 1 0 5 6
c XY 7 9 0 16
d Z 0 0 2 2
e Y 0 7 0 7
f X 4 0 0 4

"jezzica85" wrote:

Hi all,
I have a sequence of five columns, they look something like this:

Criteria X Y Z SUM
a 0 1 3 4
b 1 0 5 6
c 7 9 0 16
d 0 0 2 2
e 0 7 0 7
f 4 0 0 4

Is there a way to use conditional formatting to mark the entry in the
criteria column for these conditions:
Nonzero number only in first column
Nonzero number only in second column
Nonzero number only in third column
Nonzero number only in first and second column
Nonzero number only in first and third column
Nonzero number only in second and third column

I know this is kind of a complex question, thanks in advance!

PS, thanks so much to the person who helped me with my last question if he
reads this, I was sick for a day and I couldn't get back here, then I
couldn't find my old post to thank you!

jezzica85