Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jezzica85

Default Tough conditional formatting question

I'd like to have a different format for each of those conditions I put down,
not the same one for each. Would this formula do that? I've never seen
something like that 0 after the parentheses before, what does that do?
Thanks!

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, wouldn't this work?:

Select A2
<Format<Conditional Formatting<Condition 1
Cell Formula is: =COUNTIF(B2:D2,0)0
Click the [Format...] button and set the format you want

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"jezzica85" wrote:

Hi all,
I have a sequence of five columns, they look something like this:

Criteria X Y Z SUM
a 0 1 3 4
b 1 0 5 6
c 7 9 0 16
d 0 0 2 2
e 0 7 0 7
f 4 0 0 4

Is there a way to use conditional formatting to mark the entry in the
criteria column for these conditions:
Nonzero number only in first column
Nonzero number only in second column
Nonzero number only in third column
Nonzero number only in first and second column
Nonzero number only in first and third column
Nonzero number only in second and third column

I know this is kind of a complex question, thanks in advance!

PS, thanks so much to the person who helped me with my last question if he
reads this, I was sick for a day and I couldn't get back here, then I
couldn't find my old post to thank you!

jezzica85