Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

Default Passworded Spreadsheet

Don't know that moderators would make any difference - the method for
brute-force cracking the password has been known and widely publicized
for years. I finally posted one version on my site in order to cut down
on the number of duplicate newsgroup posts...

Yes, it's a PITA that XL security is so weak. But IMO it's *essential*
that users not be kept ignorant.

It constantly amazes me how much business-critical information is sent
to clients, or sometimes competitors, under the assumption that
worksheet password protection will keep it secure. It's *so* much easier
to negotiate when you know your vendor's markup...

In article ,
Sloth wrote:

Wow, geuss I was wrong about not getting help. Good thing there are no
moderators here.