Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
W. Scott Howard

Default How do I get multiple Excel Windows again

Elkar, That shows multiple icons in the task bar but only ONE Excel Window.
Clicking the diffrent Taskbar icons switchs the front or active workbook.
However I would like multiple Windowed instances of Excel, so I could have
for example

Excel Word Excel
|-------| |-------| |-------|
| | | | | |
|File 1 | | File 2| |File 3 |
| | | | | |
|-------| |-------| |-------|

[Start] ================ 14:40

Thanks
"Elkar" wrote:

Tools -- Options -- View Tab -- Check "Windows in Taskbar"

HTH,
Elkar

"W. Scott Howard" wrote:

How do you set Excel 2003 to support seperat windows for each file? Since we
upgraded we have been fighting to get his back so we can view files side by
side. Having the "Internal" windows inside excel does not achieve this very
well for our uses. If you know how to get each excel file open in their own
instance of Excel 2003 please help.