Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernie Deitrick

Default Hyperlink function fails when using variable row number

Just as a side note, single quotes would be needed if the linked-to sheet name has spaces in it:

HYPERLINK("#'Notes Sheet'!B" & ROW(),"Click for Note")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Balex" wrote in message
And I was convinced I had tried everything, and yet the simplest version is
working !... I tried the single quotes before I had the # sign, then after
that I always had loads of quotes, and it never worked...

But one thing is for su the syntax rules are bl.. unclear. The # sign is
not mentioned anywhere, the function wizard generates in the case of the
HYPERLINK function a result which is NOT valid (because the quotes are
missing as well as the # sign...), it is an absolute mess !

Thanks a lot, anyway !