Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LindaB@work

Default space after subtotal in report

I was using the subtotals routine, and cannot find a way to automatically add
the line after the total. In this way, I will have the line without the extra
cells on my spreadsheet. Thank you.
Linda

"Jonathan Cooper" wrote:

Assuming you are not using Excel's build in subtotals routine, and that you
are just manually adding up a bunch of cells, this is a simple fix.

lets say your subtotal is on row 10. with your mouse, right click on row 11
(literally, I want you to right click on the '11' at the extreme left hand
side of Excel). Then left click on INSERT. This will insert a blank row.

"LindaB@work" wrote:

Yes, they would like a blank row after the total line of each client.

Once this is solved, I have lots more questions. Thank you for your
assistance.
Linda

"Jonathan Cooper" wrote:

Are you talking about a blank row

"LindaB@work" wrote:

is there a way to add a line or space after a subtotal?

I am new at Excel, so be gentle. I can do it in a heartbeat in Word or
Access...
I'm in a whole new world.

thank you...