Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Default Macro to automatically open a website or send an e-mail in exc

Use this
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm"

Also, do you know if you can run macros from an excel uploaded into a
sharepoint site?

No

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Byron" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron,

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm still playing around with it as I have
very little experience with Excel macros. I was wondering if it is possible
to automatically open a internet explorer browser with a preset webaddress
instead?

Also, do you know if you can run macros from an excel uploaded into a
sharepoint site?
Thanks,

-Byron

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Try this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Byron" wrote in message ...
How might I create a macro that detects when a field is changed from one
status to another and automatically either creates a popup to a webaddress or
sends an e-mail?

For example: In the Status field, You can select yes, no or maybe. If the
value is changed from yes to no, I would like macro to automatically detect
this and create a questionnaire e-mail or to link to a website.
Any help would be greatly apppreciated.