Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
deflated

Default Import Text file into Excel and match up records

i assume that there is a common field (ie: item #) for each item, yes?

"Spanarkle" wrote:

Hi, I would like to state that I am a novice and have basic to medium skills.
This is my problem: I am setting up an internet store front with about 3500
line items. My supplier had agreed to export on a daily basis his inventory
file with fixed values and ones that change on a dialy basis, in particular
the "available" quanitiy of each line. I have 5 suppliers like this and would
like to create a way to recieve their files on a daily basis, analize the
data for changes then upload the file to my live e-store front database on
the web.

Any suggestions??? thanks