Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default Lookup & Return Range of Data

In A2 put

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet2!$A$5:$L$20,COLUMNS($A$ 1:A1),0)),"no
Match",VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet2!$A$5:$L$20,COLUMNS($A$1: A1),0))

copy across to L2, replace A1 with either the value you looking up of a cell
where you put the same value

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"shehasclass" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have tried everything and cannot figure this out......

I need to look up text in a range of data, and when a match is found,
have Excel return the data in the 11 cells to the right of the match.
It would be best if the match cell could be returned as well (making a
total of 12 horizontal cells, e.g., A4:L4).

Example:

My formula will be entered in cell A2 of sheet 1.
My data table will be in A5:L20 of sheet 2.

Formula will say "if sheet 2 cell A5 is xxx, then return the contents
of cells A5 THROUGH L5".

I hope I am being clear. I've tried everything I can think of -
vlookup, match, index. I can't figure out how to return the data from
a range of cells. Help! Thank you.