Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Default How to automatically insert date when text entered in neighbor

My previous response is a macro, actually called a ChangeEvent macro.....it
goes in the Worksheet module of whatever sheet you wish the feature applied
to........if you're new to macros, you might want to take a look at David
McRitchie's site....

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"ek10101" wrote in message
I don't understand this post. Could you rephrase please? Thanks for your
help.

"CLR" wrote:

'Macro inserts date in cell to the right of the activecell upon value

entry
ActiveCell.Select
If Not Selection Is Nothing Then
Application.Selection.Offset(0, 1).Value = Date

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"ek10101" wrote:

I would like to set up my spreadsheet so that when I enter text in a

certain
cell the date is automatically posted in the next cell over. Any

suggestions?