Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carl Jass

Default Pivot Table / Pivot Chart

Thank You Jonathan,

Your suggestion will work. The data I am working with runs from Column A to
FS. I was hoping to avoid creating additional columns to accomplish this.
Is it possible to use a CountIf the item equals "Y" on a Pivot Table?

"Jonathan Cooper" wrote:

How about a helper column(s). =if(d2="Y",1,0)

Then you can just sum the helper column(s).

"Carl Jass" wrote:

Excel 2003 list contains Employee#, Name, Year, Question1, Question2,
Question3, etc. Responses to the questions appear in the list as Y or N for
Yes or No. There are no blank cells in the list. I wish to create a Pivot
Table that summarizes only the Y response and then pull the results into a
Pivot Chart. I need help isolating the Y counts so that I can graph the data.