Frank Kabel

Hi
and maybe for future reference :-)

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

Josh O. wrote:
Nevermind Peo, I figured it out. Thank you for your help!!!

"Josh O." wrote:

Peo, I guess I don't see what you are trying to do with this
formula. I am not familiar with how it works. Could you explain it
a little more?

My final goal is just to pull one number from tab 1 and place it on
tab 2. The problem is that when looking up the customer number on
tab 1, I need to specify whether I am looking for the number from
pub 1 or pub 2, because there is two of the same customer # on tab
1. Let me know if you understand what I am trying to do, or if I
just understand how the formula will help me.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you have more than one criteria use sumproduct

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Customer_Range=847300002),--(Pub_Range="Pub1"),Total_Range)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Josh O." wrote:

Thats not what I need. I have 300 customers listed, I need the
individual total. The next two rows on the tab 1 are for customer
847300002 and so on. I need to pull pub one total for each
customer, and also pub 2 total for each customer and populate the
total into the appropriate column on tab 2.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Looks like you could use a SUMIF

=SUMIF(Sheet1!Pub_Range,"Pub1",Sheet1!Total_Range)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Josh O." wrote:

I am trying to create a lookup formula to pull data from on
worksheet to another.
On tab 1 there are 2 sets of data for two different
publications, on tab 2 cell a1 I want to lookup the value from
tab 1 total column for pub 1 and on tab 2 cell b1 I want the
total from pub 2. The spreadsheet is laid out as follows:
Tab 1
Customer|Customer #|...|Pub #|Total
Any Co. |847300001 |...|Pub 1|$1.00
Any Co. |847300001 |...|Pub 2|$2.00

Tab 2
Customer|Customer #|Pub 1 Total|Pub 2 Total
Any Co. | 847300001 | $1.00 | $2.00

I have all the info on tab 1, and most of tab 2. I just need to
make a formula to lookup the pub total for each pub.