Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Default macro calling another macro + variables

Dim plotvalues As Range

Sub datasplit()
Set plotvalues = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:L15")
Macroplot
End Sub

Sub Macroplot()
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=plotvalues, _
PlotBy:=xlColumns

End Sub

OR

Dim plotvalues As String

Sub datasplit()
plotvalues = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:L15").Address
Macroplot
End Sub

Sub Macroplot()
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Input").Range(plotvalues), _
PlotBy:=xlColumns

End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"yo" wrote in message
I am trying to call another macro plot within a main macro that chooses data.
I define a range "plotvalues" in the main macro and the second macro plots
"plotvalues." However, the variable is not being recognized. here is the
gist of what my code is like.

Sub datasplit()
plotvalues = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:L15").Address

Macroplot
End Sub()

Sub Macroplot()
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Input").Range(plotvalues),
PlotBy:= _ xlColumns

End Sub()

Please help!