Colin Hayes

In article , Bob Phillips
writes
That is not what was being suggested. Harlan was suggesting using the LEFT
function was that any formula that referenced your input cells included a
LEFT function, so as to only work on the 45 left-most characters.

The problem here is that after running this code any future input can be
greater than 45 characters. That is why we suggested event code. As Frank
suggested, post the code you had for that so we can see if we can identify
why it didn't work.

Hi

It actually suits my purposes exactly to use the LEFT function at the
very end of the routine and solved my problem for me. As it is the final
act of the code I wouldn't have concerns about future input.

However , I do see your point. I've just tried again with the coding you
suggested and do find that this does work. This limits the input as it
is entered , and would be future-proof. Maybe I was misusing it first
time around , but I find it would be perfectly functional now.

Thanks for all your expert help

Drno